Oxford Earth Summit |  www.earthsummit.info |  Feedback |  Latest News! |  NGO of the week
Earth-Info.Net
banner
        Water |  Corruption |  Trade |  Environment |  Human Rights |  Education |  Health | Climate
  NEW! Earth-Info.Net weblog co-operative: Babirusa.OrgOxford-Forum.OrgBan The BulbSnare Art

Sunday, August 17, 2003


:: Earth-Info.Net takes a break ::
Dear Reader,

This note is to let you know that I will be taking a 2 month break from posting on Earth-Info.Net... in order to complete my much-delayed PhD on Australian Acacia pollination.

Having spent a year organising the Oxford Earth Summit and www.earthsummit.info my recent habit of spending 2-3 hours a day posting on Earth-Info.Net just isn't helping me to finish my studies and I have sadly run out of deadline extensions!

I therefore hope that you will understand the need for this temporary pause in my posting updates and that you will come back in mid-October when I will hopefully be working on the site full-time (funding permitting!).

At the top of this page I have added links to some of the best web-sites I know about. These sites tackle problems which do not change very much on a day to day basis but none-the-less deserve far more attention than they currently receive...

Issues covered include tackling neglected diseases (which kill millions), providing clean water + improved sanitation, providing primary school education for all, corruption in rich and poor countries, the need for fairer trade, the protection of basic human rights and the fundamental threats to all life and lifestyles of climate change + environmental degradation.

It will not necessarily cost a lot of money to tackle many of these problems but will require a change in our attitudes and the development of long-term commitments to one another and the planet...

If you wish to read the latest environmental, human rights + health news then please consider visiting the new headline services on the top left hand side of this page.

My thanks to everyone who has been in touch while I have worked on Earth-Info.Net. It's been a pleasure getting to know you.

Very best wishes

Matt


Home